The Fishers varsity baseball team won the annual Mudsock Trophy Friday night by winning the second game of the three-game series with crosstown rival Hamilton Southeastern Royals 10-8. The Tigers completed the sweep of the Royals with a 12-2 run-rule victory in the series finale, which was rescheduled from Saturday to Friday due to the forecast.

In the first game on Friday, the Tigers jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning. JJ Woolwine led off the game with a single up the middle. Craig Yoho followed with a double off the left field fence and Woolwine scored the first run moments later on a wild pitch. After a walk put runners at first and third, Grant Richardson appeared to be picked off and broke toward second and was hit in the back with the ball. As the ball trickled away, Richardson reached second and Yoho raced home from third to score. Kiel Brenczewski followed with an RBI single to plate Richardson, and the score was 3-0 before an out was recorded.

The Royals quickly answered back, however, with a three-run home run in the bottom of the first from Jacob Daftari.

In the third inning, Fishers’ Matthew Wolff drilled a two-run double to give the Tigers a 5-3 lead. The Royals scored a run in the 3rd inning on a home run from Greyson Droste and another run in the fourth inning to tie the score.

AJ Waltermann entered the game in the fourth to relieve starter Jon Vore on the mound for Fishers, inheriting runners on the corners. With the game tied at five, Waltermann struck out the first batter he faced and then walked the next batter bringing up Droste with the bases loaded. Waltermann forced Droste to pop-up the ball, and he caught the ball himself in front of the plate to leave the bases loaded and keep the score tied.

The Tigers took the lead for good in the fifth on an RBI from Richardson. Richardson would later score on a throwing error as the Royals tried to complete a double play. With the score 7-5, Alex Jamieson delivered the game winning blow driving a 3-0 pitch over the left field fence for a two-run homer, his third of the season.

Jamieson added an insurance run on an RBI sacrifice fly in the top of the sevent to make the score 10-8. Wolff struck out two Royals in a perfect seventh inning for his first save of the season.

Waltermann (1-1) earned the win in 1.2 innings of relief. Vore started the game and pitched 3.1 innings, allowing four earned runs on four hits, while striking out five and walking three.

Yoho finished with three hits and three runs scored. Richardson scored all four times he batted, finishing with a double, a single and a pair of walks. Jamieson led the Tigers with three RBIs. Wolff added two RBIs, and Richardson and Brenczewski had one RBI each.

In the second game of the Friday night doubleheader, the Tigers were the designated home team even though the game was played at Southeastern, because the game was originally scheduled as a home game for Fishers.

The Royals jumped out to a quick 2-0 lead in the 1st inning off of starting pitcher Richardson.

Richardson was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded to force in the first Tigers run in the bottom of the third, and Kiel Brenczewski was walked to tie the game at two. Matthew Wolff delivered an RBI single to right to take the lead 3-2. One out later, Daniel Owens was also hit by a pitch to score the fourth run of the inning.

Brenczewski broke the game open in the fourth with a three-run home run to left field, his fourth of the season. The Tigers took a 7-2 lead into the bottom of the fifth when Jack Roudebush connected on a two-run double down the right field line to extend the lead to 9-2. Ben Burton plated Roudebush on an RBI groundout to make the score 10-2. Brenczewski ended the game as he smoked a double down the left field line to score both Woolwine and Yoho and end the game by the run rule at 12-2.

Richardson (3-0) pitched a complete game and allowed two earned runs on two hits, while striking out nine, walking four and hitting three.