Coming into Thursday night’s contest, both Westfield and Fishers had played in three overtime games already this season.

So, naturally, 32 minutes wasn’t enough time to settle this matchup between the Hoosier Crossroads Conference foes.

The Tigers ultimately won by a final score of 63-56, but the Shamrocks had a chance to win at the end of regulation.

“I was proud of our guys tonight,” Fishers head coach Matt Moore said. “But credit to Westfield, man. Those guys played — they played well, and they hit shots.”

After seeing Fishers take a 31-26 halftime lead, Westfield opened the second half on a 5-0 run courtesy of junior Caleb Welch. Fishers answered Westfield’s run with a 9-0 spurt of its own and took a 44-36 edge into the fourth quarter.

Westfield senior Josh VanDyke buried back-to-back 3-pointers to close the margin to two at 44-42. Van Dyke, along with sophomore Chris Chin, gave the Shamrocks two additional viable options on offense to accompany the consistency of Welch and junior Zach Banks.

“We need to have a balanced attack,” Westfield head coach Shane Sumpter said. “When we get those things going, we feel good about ourselves. We just need to get more stops.”

A Banks’ 3-pointer with 5:15 left in the fourth tied the score at 45 and a couple possessions later Westfield claimed the lead on a fast-break layup by Chin.

Fishers junior guard Josiah Matthews was able to knock down a pair of free throws to tie the score at 49 — and Banks missed a shot on Westfield’s final possession of regulation.

After Brendhan Russom opened the overtime period with a pair of free throws, Chin knocked down a 3 that gave Westfield a 52-51 advantage. It turned out to be the Shamrocks’ last lead of the night.

Senior Jeremy Szilagyi gave Fishers the lead back on a jump shot from just inside the arc and junior Willie Jackson closed out the extra period by hitting all eight of his free-throw attempts.

“That’s what he does,” Moore said. “When he graduates from here, he’s going to go down as probably the all-time free throw attempts and makes (leader). He’s got a unique skill to get fouled.”

Szilagyi finished with a game-high 23 points for Fishers on 9-of-13 shooting. Jackson, who shot 11-of-12 at the charity stripe, finished second on the Tigers with 13.

Banks led Westfield in points with 22. Van Dyke and Chin had 15 and 12, respectively.

Fishers played most of the night without its leading scorer, Terry Hicks, who Moore said was battling illness.

Westfield (6-9, 1-4) hosts Harrison Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. The Shamrocks have three home games next week and will look to build on an impressive performance, even if it ended in defeat.

“We played well,” Sumpter said. “I thought our guys hung tough … we could have folded the tents — we didn't — we came back, had a lead and had the ball at the end of (regulation) with a chance to win … I thought we did a lot of good things tonight.”

Fishers (8-8, 2-3) returns to action Tuesday, when the Tigers travel to Anderson for a matchup with the Indians. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.